Product Marketing Manager
The Mom Project
You are a mission driven, customer obsessed, natural problem solver. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges and change with composure. You are a fearless and collaborative communicator, with the ability to make quick decisions while always in learning mode. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams.
The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a cultural movement that matches companies with diverse talent. To date, our platform has unlocked over $300M in earning potential by connecting our 1M+ moms, dads and allies with opportunities at world class brands like Apple, Accenture, Etsy and Nike… and we are just getting started!
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every stage of life. We believe all women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
The Mom Project's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We move forward when we all move together.
At The Mom Project, we understand the Moms we serve are not all the same and neither are the employees that support her. We are inspired by people who come from all walks of life.
Equality and inclusion at TMP is recognizing and honoring the uniqueness of each person who works to bring our mission to life, valuing all dimensions of diversity as our greatest asset.
We are committed to being a safe, respectful, fair, and inclusive culture for all.
About the Role:
As a Product Marketing for The Mom Project, you will work with a cross-functional team to create and sustain products and services that unlock more economic value for moms. You'll craft the go-to-market strategy for new products and develop tactics to ensure their ongoing adoption. This role reports to the Director of Growth and New Bets and has a dotted line to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications to deliver product-centric go-to-market strategies while having a strong tie to the overall Brand.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for defining the product marketing strategy across b2b and b2c products
- Develop marketing strategies, using both quantitative and qualitative insights, to drive acquisition, engagement and conversion/ retention strategies
- Partner with multiple teams (PM, Design, Research, Content Design, Growth, Sales and Brand) to develop personas, target audiences, positioning, and GTM assets.
- Lead product marketing asset creation to support the sales cycle, including product pitch decks, demos, tutorials, product guides, etc.
The skills and abilities you’ll need to succeed:
- 4+ years of experience in product marketing for b2b products
- Demonstrated ability to interpret customer needs and translate them into conversion opportunities
- Knowledge of recruiting space, marketplaces or subscriptions products are highly desirable, although not required
- Experience leveraging a broad channel mix including reddit, quora, tik tok, and other social platforms.
- Self-starter and self-driven
- Experience taking a product from 0 to 1