Senior Product Manager, Non-Clinical Operations
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Contribute to our mission to eliminate every barrier to mental healthcare for our members
- Lead and collaborate cross-functionally with member support teams (non-clinical) to identify a strategic roadmap of investment
- Lead initiatives and projects tied to allowing our member-facing support teams to work in a more automated, scalable, and productive manner
- Act as a thought partner with other operational leaders (e.g., member care support) to help navigate complex challenges and inform the roadmap
- Work with the leadership team and wider Product org to set strategy within your team’s scope and act as the subject matter expert within that scope for the organization
- Define, own, and socialize a roadmap that balances user & business needs with technical decisions and constraints
- Gather data-driven insights about our users and the market landscape to propose solutions that have a meaningful impact on core metrics for the business
- Develop goals and associated KPIs to understand the impact of your team’s work and iterate on launches, in partnership with Data Science
- Develop deep relationships with cross-functional partners (design, engineering, data science, operations, sales, marketing) to gain an understanding of the key problems to focus on, and ultimately scope, plan, execute, and launch valuable and high-quality experiences across both web and mobile platforms
- Develop high-quality documentation & artifacts to ensure clarity for cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Guide product development lifecycle at every stage, optimizing processes and rituals that help the team thrive
- Organize and facilitate sprint ceremonies for your team including backlog grooming, planning, stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Manage and identify both internal and external project risks, issues, and dependencies, anticipate and remove impediments, and collaborate closely with internal developers & external partners
- Cultivate and sustain effective partnerships and foster a culture of continuous improvement to enhance effectiveness and adopt good practices.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience in product/program management preferably in healthcare solutions that are tied to improved operational/efficiency outcomes
- Proactive and creative problem-solver who takes initiative in implementing new approaches and processes
- Experience with building end-to-end member support flows that inform operational excellence and optimization.
- Experience with call center operations and ticket management implementations and software such as Five9, TalkDesk, Zendesk, Jira, etc.
- Experience with CRM-based data management and systems to help better support customers while effectively managing and collecting data.
- Experience with data sharing via ETL/API to ensure seamless integration between systems and products.
- Experience building and managing solutions that lead to proven end-user outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to design operational and technical processes to meet required investment
- Experience balancing many cross-functional stakeholders and capacity to operate with a General Manager Mindset
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance stakeholder needs with business priorities, and drive trade-offs throughout the product lifecycle
- Self-starter with bias to action and orientation towards business outcomes
- Exceptional team player who will embrace ambiguity, take initiative to anticipate and solve problems, consistently follow through on commitments, and build positive and productive working relationships
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage large projects cross-functionally
- Adept at delivering effective written and verbal communications - you can simplify the most complicated concepts for any audience
- Resilient & passionate: We’re just at the start of a long journey to eliminate every barrier to mental health, and change is a constant
- Effective at balancing analytical thinking and an orientation towards results with strong user empathy when making decisions
- Technical background with the ability to learn new technologies quickly, and comfortably and effectively discuss the trade-offs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering partners
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Experience with agile software development best practices
- Must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others
- Experience with product, design and project management tools such as Jira, Figma, Miro, etc.
The target salary range for this position is $159,100 - $194,150, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth meets impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be empowered to set your own boundaries and asked to adapt them in critical moments when the company needs you
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the most thriving team member and performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
Your Total Health:
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits start on your first day at Spring Health. You and your dependents also receive an individual One Medical account which is valued at $199/year per user. HSA and FSA plans available
- Numerous yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- 10 allocated sick days per year
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- Access to Gympass, an on-demand virtual benefit that provides wellbeing coaching, and budget management.
- Sabbatical Leave: When you’re a Team Member at Spring Health and hit your four-year Springaversary, you’ll be awarded a four week, fully paid, sabbatical leave.
You And Your family:
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to fertility care support through Carrot, in addition to $4,000 reimbursement for related fertility expenses
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements: 66% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 33% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Focus Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Focus Weeks: In Spring 2023, we held our first ever Focus Week, we canceled all non-essential meetings, minimized distractions, and you, our team members, to dive into the key work that gets chopped up or deprioritized during the regular day-to-day. We saw a 36% jump in the average energized score after those five days of flow state work and are finalizing a plan for quarterly Focus Weeks for team members.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.