VP of Provider Operations
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, The SVP of Provider Operations plays a critical role in the growth, quality, diversity, clinical efficacy, and scalability of Spring Health's provider network. This leader is responsible for all facets of building Spring Health’s provider network, including recruiting, partnerships, onboarding, training, retention, and operational excellence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for building and delighting the industry’s most robust, high-availability, high-quality mental health provider network
- Provide leadership to the provider operations team, fostering a culture of excellence, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Partner closely with the COO and executive team to ensure the provider network continues to scale at the quality and availability required to support Spring Health’s growth
- Lead the provider network development efforts, recruiting thousands of full-time and part-time therapists, psychologists, physicians, and nurse practitioners
- Oversee and continuously improve the provider onboarding process
- Implement training and development initiatives for providers to ensure a consistently high level of practice quality and continuous feedback
- Partner with the VP of Product, Provider Experience to identify constant improvements in providers’ experience with Compass, the industry-leading EMR for mental health providers
- Partner with clinical leadership to ensure seamless execution of continuous provider quality improvement and credentialing processes.
- Develop and execute new strategies to further expand and diversify the provider network, achieving both member needs and company operating targets
- Collaborate closely with customer-facing teams to ensure the provider network grows in ways most directly beneficial to member and customer needs
What we expect from you:
- 10+ years of experience in technology-enabled service operations or similar field
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams
- Understanding of healthcare technology, the mental health industry and/or regulatory environment a plus but not required
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to apply metrics-based management practices at scale
- Ability to lead several complex, large-scale execution tracks simultaneously, maintaining full command of priorities, status, and risks at all times
- Ability to craft and execute ambitious, multithreaded strategies to simultaneously deliver scale, efficiency, and service excellence
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
- Strategic thinker with a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- The executive presence and aptitude to accurately represent Spring Health and its provider network to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to cultivating an environment of safety, trust, and inclusion and building diverse, thriving teams
The target salary range for this position is $248,000 - $330,000, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth meets impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be challenged to set and protect your own boundaries
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the highest performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
Your Total Health:
- Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
- 20 total yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
- Access to Gympass, an on-demand virtual benefit that provides wellbeing coaching, and budget management.
- Sabbatical Leave: When you’re a Team Member at Spring Health and hit your four-year Springaversary, you’ll be awarded a four week, fully paid, sabbatical leave.
You And Your family:
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to Joshin is provided by Spring Health. Joshin is a comprehensive support system for disabilities and neurodivergence in the workplace. This benefit supports employees, their families, and our teams through personalized navigation and disability education and training along with a network of screened in-home caregivers with disability and neurodivergent experience.
- Access to fertility care support through Carrot, in addition to $4,000 reimbursement for related fertility expenses
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements: 60% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 40% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Focus Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Focus Weeks: In Spring 2023, we held our first ever Focus Week, we canceled all non-essential meetings, minimized distractions, and you, our team members, to dive into the key work that gets chopped up or deprioritized during the regular day-to-day. We saw a 36% jump in the average energized score after those five days of flow state work and are finalizing a plan for quarterly Focus Weeks for team members.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.