Senior Software Engineer
As a software engineer at Rocksbox, you’ll work across our stack (React, Ruby, etc.) implementing features and maintaining our core applications. Rocksbox is a monthly jewelry membership and rental service that was recently acquired and is going through an exciting period of growth and opportunity. We need smart people (like you!) to come help us continue to deliver the best customer experience possible. As part of a small and nimble team, you’ll have the chance to build out new features, work on every part of the product, and learn and grow quickly.
The engineering team at Rocksbox strives to be optimistic, transparent and accountable. Culturally we value a healthy work / life balance. We like to have fun while taking a lot of pride in the work we’re doing. We value diversity and inclusion (come as you are), and support each other both as people and engineers. We believe this is a truly great place to work and it’s important to us that it stays that way.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a solid grasp of system design and web infrastructure
- You’re happy to share your knowledge with other developers
- You love solving problems and aren’t afraid of a challenge
- You get a little thrill from seeing your test suite turn green
- You encourage the opinions and contributions of teammates (we’re nice to each other!)
- You are committed to learning and growing, in spite of having some things you know you already do really well
- You’re customer focused (i.e. you are capable of having empathy for customers and other people)
- You’re able to communicate thoughtfully with stakeholders outside of the engineering team (you’re kind to muggles, too)
- You sometimes think of ways to solve problems without writing any code
- You feel a sense of responsibility to your team
- You find enjoyment in improving and building things
Nice to have:
- We’re more focused on finding smart people who are skilled developers and have passion for software development than we are in any individual framework. We believe anyone can learn anything. We’ll try to give you an opportunity during the interview process to show us what you’re good at!
- Ideally you have 5+ years of experience working professionally as a full-time software engineer. The more the merrier. That said, if you’re specifically interested in working with us, please don’t let any individual requirement deter or intimidate you
Bonus points if:
- You’re willing to overlap with Pacific time for at least six hours of your day
- You’ll sometimes laugh at jokes that are only mildly funny
- You can start soon!
Some other things we think you’ll like:
- Small but mighty engineering team where you can make an outsized impact
- Highly collaborative and kind corporate culture
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule
- We’re open to remote or hybrid candidates.
- U.S work authorization required
The salary range for this opportunity is $130,000 – 160,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job related knowledge, skills and experience, among other factors.