Mighty Networks is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform ushering in a new era of creative business built on community. Our SaaS platform serves brands and creators “with a purpose” who want to bring their content, community, online courses, events, and memberships together in one place.
Similar to a Shopify store, with a Mighty Network, a brand or creator has their own online destination with their choice of features and the ability to charge for digital subscriptions and products under their own brand and instantly available on their own website and native mobile apps.
The Senior Accountant will play an integral role in scaling and optimizing the accounting process at Mighty and will also work directly with the Controller on various special projects. As an early member of the accounting team, you will have the unique opportunity to wear multiple hats and to help develop and enhance the day-to-day processes as well as participate in financial reporting. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented, excited to work in the fast-paced and challenging environment of a high-growth company, and has the desire to gain experience in multiple aspects of accounting and finance operations.
This role will report to our Controller and work closely with our VP of Finance.
- Conduct timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Prepare and review journal entries and reconciliation schedules to support the monthly close
- Work with cross-functional teams to make the close procedures more accurate and operationally efficient for all stakeholders
- Assist with financial statement preparation, flux analysis, and monthly reporting both internally and externally
- Develop and implement process improvements and document standard operating procedures, including identifying opportunities for automation
- Analyze contracts to identify, research and evaluate technical accounting treatment for significant accounting transactions
- Assist with special projects including audit preparedness, accounting standard adoptions, system implementations, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, including experience as a senior accountant, preferably in a high-growth environment
- CPA is a plus
- Big-4 or other public accounting experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including strong knowledge of journal entries for core processes, such as procurement, payroll, and equity
- Knowledge of SaaS revenue recognition under ASC 606 and accounting for equity awards and compensation expenses preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- In-depth experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, Stripe, and other systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gsuite
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is proactive and accountable
- You have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the work you perform
- You love to collaborate and enjoy being part of a supportive team
- You have strong analytical skills, are detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask effectively
- You’re an excellent, proactive communicator and comfortable updating stakeholders on your process
- You are curious and enjoy problem-solving
- You are willing to think outside the box to find efficiencies or alternative views