Quality Assurance and Procurement Manager
LOLA is looking for a self-starting, solution oriented Quality Manager to assume responsibility for all quality assurance related activities at our company. This is an opportunity for a talented quality professional to build out a first class quality function at an emerging brand. In this role you will be directly responsible for all quality management processes and procedures across all products. You will report directly to the VP Operations. This is a full time position based at our headquarters in New York City; however, you will work remotely from home through at least early March 2022 due to the COVID pandemic.
What you'll be responsible for
- Complaints Management - Perform investigations to identify root cause and implement corrective and preventive actions using the SCAR and CAPA processes.
- Product Review - Tracking of all product Certificate of Analysis (COA) documents by lot number and management of the archival history for future quality or recall support.
- Procurement Management - Report status of open purchase orders to Director of Planning for supply/demand forecasting, consistent outreach to contract manufacturers to ensure purchase orders meet expected cargo ready dates.
- Product Inspections - Manage the AQL inspection protocols at all contract manufacturers.
- Supplier KPI’s - Perform weekly and monthly tracking of supplier quality KPI metrics with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement - Lead all product quality improvement initiatives with suppliers leveraging data to inform the priority and importance of design or manufacturing improvements.
- Specification Management - Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop product performance specifications.
- Supplier Quality Management - Responsible for the negotiation and implementation of supplier quality agreements.
- Quality Innovation - Lead efforts to bring innovation to the quality function including evaluating tools such as Quality Management Systems.
Who you are
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience with a brand utilizing contract manufacturing partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Strong prior experience in FDA regulated categories such as pharmaceutical, cosmetics or medical device products.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and ability to utilize data to develop.
- Certification from American Society for Quality would be exceptional but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Phenomenal collaborator, team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
Why you'll love LOLA:
LOLA is the first lifelong brand for reproductive health. Founded and led by women, we’re dedicated to providing an ever-expanding portfolio of trusted products and candid information, so you can make deliberate decisions about your reproductive health.
In 2016, we launched LOLA Gives Back, as part of our ongoing commitment to raise awareness about menstrual inequality. With help from our nonprofit distribution partners, we’ve donated millions of period products to low-income, underserved women across the U.S.
At LOLA, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, Veterans status, or disabilities.