Production Coordinator (Supply Chain)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
KiwiCo is an innovative e-commerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
We are looking for a Production Coordinator interested in contributing to a startup - where you will have a real impact on the business. You will work with our Product Design and Ops Teams to identify, source, and plan for the materials that our little customers will delight in using to create, build, and interact. You'll be - on the ground floor - bringing our products to life.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the review and ordering process for products in the eCommerce Store, as well as subscription line re-orders
- Work closely with the Product Design, Editorial, and Graphic Design teams on all file/product updating, proofing, and approval processes
- Interact with domestic and overseas vendors to execute the sampling process, while ensuring that quality and margin targets are hit, and delivery dates are on track
- Track, update, and manage final graphic art files, dieline files, and collateral files
- BA/BS required
- 0-1 year of work experience and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Passion for kids, creativity, and hands-on learning
- Exceptional communication skills with vendors and team members; friendly and pleasant demeanor over email and phone
- Proficient with Adobe Suite tools, expertise in Illustrator a plus
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality
- Eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities
- Identifies potential issues and hurdles and develops ways to get around them
- Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done and to assume new responsibilities as needed
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are a must
- You see a project from the idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success, and your job will be fast-paced
- Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done
- Experience managing projects, calendars, product development processes, or logistics is all a plus
- Excellent English writing skills, ability to communicate succinctly
- More about you: You're positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, analytical, creative, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial with excellent judgment
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at KiwiCo Mountain View. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact the consideration of your candidacy.