Associate Videographer / Editor
Marketing & Communications
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
KiwiCo is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Associate Videographer / Editor to help drive our online STEAM content creation. The Associate Videographer / Editor will be responsible for concepting, storyboarding, shooting, and editing videos that are entertaining, accessible, and, most of all, fun!
The successful candidate is skilled in both editing and camera work, a knack for visual storytelling. You’re always excited to learn something new, and that joy of discovery shines through in your work. You know how to build a narrative that hooks a viewer and keeps them engaged, and you’re comfortable striking new creative ground to develop something new and exciting.
- Work with in-house content designer to concept, plan, shoot, and edit short-form and long-form videos that engage our audience and help us meet our viewership and subscriber goals.
- Efficiently capture video clips in studio, behind the scenes, and on location. Help to maintain an organized library of video assets for re-use.
- Work with our child models (ages 0-17) and youth interns to capture video clips for a variety of uses. Create a fun, positive experience for them, while capturing the shots we need.
- Maintain our visual standards for video. Experiment with shooting, lighting, and retouching to help us continue to develop and improve our style.
- Own the editing for our content videos and ensure that we deliver videos that are interesting, sharable, and fun to watch.
- Support our content production with re-edits and revisions to repurpose videos for different channels or concepts.
- As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek collaborative team players with infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace.
- A strong portfolio, with 2+ years experience with a video production team and Adobe Premier. You’re confident both behind the camera and in the editor’s chair.
- Familiarity with short- and long-form video formats and creating video for organic social. You know how to shoot and edit to grab attention and keep it.
- Strong visual storytelling skills. You have experience turning raw footage into a coherent visual narrative and an understanding of how to use transitions and text on screen to help tell the story.
- Ability to capture both scripted and unscripted moments with confidence. You ensure that your shots are planned and executed carefully, but you’re also able to be flexible and respond to a model or host in the moment.
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You’re eager to support your teammates, able to give creative feedback, and open to incorporating feedback into your own work.
- Thoughtful, with a strong attention to detail. You care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand.
- Resourceful and flexible. You see a project from the idea stage through successful completion - and do whatever it takes to make it a success. You are an innovative thinker and can solve problems creatively.
- Passionate about kids and education. You love our young customers and understand how to communicate with them in a fun and relatable way. You know how to make kids laugh and you’re comfortable jumping in to act as an impromptu stylist or kid wrangler on set.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team. With your application, please also submit a portfolio of products, publications, or other content you’ve worked on with specifics as to your role in their creation. If you’re unable to link to or include a sample of a piece, please provide the title, publication information, and a brief description. Applications without portfolios will not be considered. Please note that this role is not eligible for full-time remote work.