Associate Content Creator
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
KiwiCo is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Associate Content Creator to help drive our online STEAM content creation. The Associate Content Creator will be responsible for pitching ideas, building projects and experiments, and scripting videos that are entertaining, accessible, and, most of all, fun!
The successful candidate combines hands-on making skills with a knack for visual storytelling and the ability to make complex topics appealing for a young audience. You’re always excited to learn something new, and that joy of discovery shines through in your work. You know how to build a narrative that hooks a viewer and keeps them engaged, and you’re comfortable striking new creative ground to develop something new and exciting.
- Ideation, brainstorming, and research into a wide range of topics spanning themes across arts, science, engineering, imaginative play, and more. Research into trends and standards on various social platforms for benchmarking and ideas.
- Work with in-house videographer / editor to concept, plan, shoot, and edit short-form and long-form videos that engage our audience and help us meet our viewership and subscriber goals.
- Design and create STEAM activities that are engaging, kid-accessible, visually compelling, and super fun.
- Create storyboards and direct both in-house and remote talent.
- Write scripts for VO, on-screen text, and social captions, as well as step-by-step instructions for DIY blog posts.
- Work with our child models (ages 0-17) and youth interns to capture authentic moments. Create a fun, positive experience for them, while capturing the shots we need.
- Jump in front of the camera / microphone to support shoots with VO, hands, or on-screen work when needed.
- Provide editing feedback to ensure videos are clear, accurate, and engaging.
- As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek collaborative team players with infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace.
- A strong portfolio, with 2-4+ years experience creating content professionally.
- A background in a STEM field, with a passionate interest in STEM and an eagerness to spark that interest in our young customers.
- A maker at heart, with the engineering and prototyping skills to turn your ideas into reality. An engineering background is a major plus.
- Strong writing and visual storytelling skills. You know how to create a hook and build a story that keeps the viewer’s interest and you can take a complex topic and make it easily digestible.
- Familiarity with short- and long-form video formats.
- Comfortable with hands-on making and prototyping.
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You’re eager to support your teammates, able to give creative feedback, and open to incorporating feedback into your own work.
- Thoughtful, with a strong attention to detail. You care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand.
- Resourceful and flexible. You see a project from the idea stage through successful completion - and do whatever it takes to make it a success. You are an innovative thinker and can solve problems creatively.
- Passionate about kids and education. You love our young customers and understand how to communicate with them in a fun and relatable way. You know how to make kids laugh and you’re comfortable jumping in to act as an impromptu stylist or kid wrangler on set.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team. With your application, please also submit a portfolio of products, publications, or other content you’ve worked on with specifics as to your role in their creation. If you’re unable to link to or include a sample of a piece, please provide the title, publication information, and a brief description. Applications without portfolios will not be considered. Please note that this role is not eligible for full-time remote work.