Digital Content Director
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we work a hybrid schedule of Tuesday and Wednesday in-office and remote work the rest of the week.
About The Role
KiwiCo is seeking a Content Director to lead our digital content marketing efforts, join our dynamic creative team and collaborate on our new marketing initiatives. As our Content Director, you will develop and execute a detailed plan for the creation and distribution of engaging digital content across the full marketing funnel, including: organic content (short-form social video, blog posts, email, e-comm landing pages) and acquisition-driving paid ads (social, digital, tv, etc).
Your strategy will be informed by our business goals, marketing objectives and brand vision. This role reports to the VP, Creative and collaborates closely with the marketing, print editorial and product design teams.
You are a creative professional with a passion for storytelling across multiple platforms. You enjoy the idea of helping to take KiwiCo’s digital presence to the next level. You like to think big picture, but also be in the details creating engaging content for multiple platforms. You can think creatively, but also analyze performance to strategize for future opportunities.
- Build and manage the digital content calendar, from ideation through to production. Partnering closely with marketing and e-comm channel managers to ensure content is meeting marketing objectives and native channel performance.
- Creative Storytelling: Ideate and script your video concepts in a clear voice to tell a specific story about a product or theme to a specific audience, scaling what works well with strategic optimizations and variations, and nixing what doesn't.
- Apply strategic consumer insights to the development of creative concepts and build inventive content solutions utilizing relevant and emerging platforms/formats.
- Lead creative brainstorms with cross-functional teams, across product design, editorial and marketing to ensure stakeholders and subject matter experts are part of the content creation process.
- Present concepts, storyboards & scripts in visually compelling decks to senior management for creative review & approval
- Build scalable pipelines of creative production for both organic and paid social content, working with both our in-house creative and editorial teams and a network of creative contributors.
- Serve as the key creative lead on content shoots
- Report production status to senior management and lead conversation about strategic trade offs in resourcing, budget and/or performance
- Ensure KiwiCo mission & values and brand are authentically represented in our content
- Informed - Current on digital media landscape and trends in native platform creative visuals and formats
- Imaginative - You’re a conceptual creative with innovative ideas, experienced in storytelling & storyselling that challenge traditional approaches to content creation.
- Effective - Equally obsessed with creating beautiful work and impactful content that meet our business objectives
- Adaptable - Open to taking input from others, with the willingness to take on essential tasks when needed to get the job done.
- Resourceful - You strive to come up with ideas that suit budgets and timelines, can manage multiple projects at once, and know when to pivot if something isn’t working.
- Ego-less - You give credit where credit is due, bring a positive attitude to work and support your team in gaining visibility and opportunities.
- Your goal: Make informed decisions to build highly engaging content that holds an audience's attention and drives action
Skills and Requirements
- 8+ years professional experience as a creative lead in media, content creation or creative /marketing agencies.
- 10+ years of experience as a creative builder and maker of stories
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Expert ability with Adobe Creative Suite and Google Slides.
- Extensive experience on set and with pre- and post-production processes for video
- Experience or ability to communicate STEAM concepts to young audiences in a fun, creative, engaging way.
- Passionate about brands, ideas, stories, design and media and a cultural point of view that translates to highly shareable and watchable video content
- A portfolio of digital content that you have created, across content and advertising, and the ability to talk about the strategy + concept for the pieces.
- Knowledge of new media and technology, A.I. is a plus.
- Highly organized, and skilled with time-management and workload prioritization.
- Experience building creative teams and implementing new processes is a plus.
- Experience as an writer or editor, video content producer or as a content marketer
- Top notch, demonstrated writing and editing skills across a variety of content types and formats
- Experience with content and editorial production (creating briefs, managing editorial calendar/deadlines, handling feedback, project management, etc.)
- Able to combine streamlined copywriting and visual narratives into one medium
- A solid understanding of content distribution/marketing channel best practices (social media, email, paid ads,, etc.)
- Knowledge of content measurement and reporting metrics
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
For the health and safety of our employees, proof of Covid -19 vaccination will be required for all employees who will be at KiwiCo Mountain View. KiwiCo will make reasonable accommodations to this policy for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons on a case-by-case basis. This will not impact the consideration of your candidacy.
See more open positions at KiwiCo
Something looks off?