Strategic Account Executive - Washington DC Metro
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.You’re a passionate team builder enthusiastic about finding, engaging and scaling a high performing distributed team. You’ll find energy telling HopSkipDrive’s story to diverse candidates across functions and will thoughtfully assess their backgrounds and expertise to match them with the right role on our team.
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for pitching and closing key prospects both within HopSkipDrive’s serviceable metros and within expansion metros. You will work in collaboration with the business development team and SDR team to arrange meetings to introduce the unique value propositions that HopSkipDrive leverages to help its partners every day. This role requires a combination of sales expertise, relationship management skills, and strategic thinking. The ideal candidate should be comfortable introducing new ideas and successfully handling multiple objections and rejections to ultimately win the business.
What you'll do
- Seek out and successfully pitch and close a long list of strategic prospects within your responsible territory
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within client organizations, including Executives, decision makers, and influences
- Understand prospect business objectives and provide strategic guidance to help them achieve their goals
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and client-specific challenges to proactively offer solutions and maintain a competitive advantage
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue targets and other key performance indicators
- Prepare and present sales forecasts, reports, and other account-related documentation to internal stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- You move fast, while paying attention to detail
- You have 3-5 years successful experience in sales and business development
- Strong experience managing a pipeline and closing contracts
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator with impeccable cross-functional relationships who is comfortable presenting to senior management and C-suite executives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with customers
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Self-motivated and target-driven with results-oriented mindset
- Proficiency with in using CRM Salesforce or similar tools
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and working toward aggressive timelines
- You are motivated by HopSkipDrive’s mission and embody the HopSkipDrive core values
- You have a demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely
- You are proficient in Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Forms, and Google Sheets.
- You bring an analytical mindset to all your initiatives and understand how to translate impact from your efforts to business metrics
- 50% travel time including overnight travel
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $110,000 a year plus commission, OTE (On-Target Earnings approximately $150,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.