Safe Ride Support Specialist - Part Time
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.You’re a passionate team builder enthusiastic about finding, engaging and scaling a high performing distributed team. You’ll find energy telling HopSkipDrive’s story to diverse candidates across functions and will thoughtfully assess their backgrounds and expertise to match them with the right role on our team.
HopSkipDrive Safe Ride Support Specialist will closely monitor in - progress rides in a call-center environment. The Safe Ride Support Specialist is responsible for handling incoming and outbound customer calls to address inquiries, provide information, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
What You'll Do:
- Closely monitor in-progress rides and provide any needed support for parents, riders and CareDrivers
- Resolve any issues that may come up during a ride- even if that means a creative out of the box solution
- Be able to recognize and resolve problems before they arise
- Handle a high volume of calls to the Safe Ride Support phone queue
- Send and quickly respond to SMS messages about rides in progress
- Troubleshoot questions about our apps (iPhone and Android) and website
- Recognize and report to leadership trends in issues and complaints
- Use our CRM (Kustomer) to log phone calls and SMS conversations
- Multitask with several apps and software programs to handle daily tasks
- Be able to switch between tasks and duties with speed and ease
- Maintain adherence to all personal and department goals surrounding performance
- Must be able to work early mornings, late nights, and/or weekends
- Prior high-volume call center experience required
- Comfortable using a Macbook across multiple systems and platforms
- This is a Part-Time position Monday-Friday 1:00pm-5:00pm pacific standard time
What you'll need:
- 1+ years customer service experience in a call center high volume environment
- Performance metrics environment experience meeting or exceeding indicators
- Collaborating with team members, working closely with supervisors, managers and other team members
- Troubleshooting, Google suite and Macbook experience is highly preferred
** This role will be fully remote from a state we are an employer in AZ, CA, Co, DC, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, OK, UT, TN, NC, SC, NV, NJ, NY, OR, TX, VA, WA, MO, MI
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $18.00hr -$20.00hr. This compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.