Seasonal Junior Sous Chef
Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings. Come be part of our Collective Good!
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. As the only international hospitality company that is a certified B Corp, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience. We have a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors,
Collective Beliefs: A Life in Service to Others | The Power of Experiences | Happiness in Simplicity | Connection is Rare & Wonderful
Collective Qualities: Empathy | Courage | Honesty & Integrity | Humility & Optimism | Innovation & Continuous Improvement
We are looking for a highly motivated, eager Sous Chef to join our team that appreciates the outdoors and working in the elements. We are a luxury outdoor retreat with an eclectic approach to dining. We exist in both the laid back casual dining setting and the unexpected high end locally sourced farm tasting menu. We strive to provide the unexpected, staying true to our roots while focusing on the nuance that makes for a memorable dining experience. We are not boring. Come ready to learn, work hard, have fun playing with your food and create delicious memories.
- Assist in prepare all meals and execute live finishing stations depending on outlet or group/event
- Engage with guests and help to create an excellent experience for them
- Assist with maintaining all inventory of all tools, equipment and dishes
- Supervise all aspect of kitchen operations on Retreat along with F&B Leadership including scheduling, food ordering, and costing
- Assists with orders and inspects for quality of food and beverage items necessary for the production of finished menu items
- Maintain food quality and Retreat service standards
- Assist with maintaining budgeted labor and food costs, while controlling overtime and waste
- Oversees food production of different stations throughout shift
- Collaborates with F&B Leadership team eams to create innovative menus and excellent group guest experience
- Assist in creating standards of operations for guests with dietary restrictions or allergens
- Owns and maintains health inspections and preventative maintenance of kitchen equipment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for working and being outdoors. This position is very “hands-on” with very little “office work.” A sense of adventure is a plus!
- 1+ years as a sous chef (both restaurant and catering experience is desired)
- Culinary degree a plus
- Approachable, presentable and professional – desires to create amazing experiences for our guests
- Experience with / strong desire for gourmet outdoor cooking and locally sourced foods and menus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Extremely well organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment and with co-workers
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver great service to our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work variable shifts on both weekdays and weekends (24-40 hours/week)
- Must be able to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs pounds of force constantly to life, push, move or carry objects
- Must willing to work in an outdoor setting, including all-weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, etc.)
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly Range: $26 per hour
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations
- Healthcare Coverage
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org