Seasonal Food & Beverage Manager
Overview: Collective Retreats
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and to leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth hospitality company that creates and operates asset-light, modular and tented luxury hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences and is built with a keen eye on design, beautiful décor, and amenities. We’re changing the travel industry with our focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel. Our retreats offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers.
As the Food & Beverage Manager you will manage and maintain all aspects of our Food & Beverage operations on Retreat. You will be tasked with creating service guidelines, operating procedures, and scheduling for all Food & Beverage hourly positions. The Food & Beverage Manager will also play a key role in assisting with events and handling any special guest request or amenities.
Ideally, the Food & Beverage Manager is an individual with a passion for people who lives and breathes guest service. You are an individual who leads by example and works tirelessly to create an environment of hospitality and generosity. You own issues and work collaboratively between the front and back of the house to find solutions and create memorable experiences for our guests. You enjoy building a sense of community between all of our team members and excel at bringing a positive attitude to our Retreat everyday.
- • Assist the General Manager with managing the Food & Beverage operation; in addition to providing support to other departments on the Retreat if necessary (Rooms, Housekeeping and Facilities)
- • Provide strong presence throughout the retreat to assist Experience Coordinators and guests
- • Provide all aspects of shift coverage throughout the Food & Beverage team
- • Manage the Retreat’s beverage inventory including non-alcoholic beverages
- • Ensure all areas of the Retreat’s Food & Beverage operations are functioning and visibly live up to brand standards (e.g. cleanliness throughout the dining room, signage/menu standards, collateral standards, etc.)
- • Work collaboratively with our General manager to create inspired Food & Beverage menus and actively sell our Food & Beverage offerings to our guests
- • Print and design menu as needed
- • Supply expert knowledge of wine and spirits and ensure the quality of all beverage items, ingredients and preparation methods while following and keeping to all local, state, and federal laws related to alcoholic beverage service and consumption
- • Monitor and action any upsell programs in the dining room
- • Own all guest's special requests and customer complaints during shifts.
- • Assist with all reservation requests for any meal periods and confirmations
- • Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift
- • Manage Employee Payroll, track attendance paylocity, time edits, and conduct call-arounds for OT as needed
- • Prepare, copy, and distribute reports as required.
- • Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- • Attend all Retreat required meetings and training.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in similar position in luxury hospitality environment
- Previous supervisory responsibilities
- Previous experience working in a food & beverage operation or overseeing events
- Experience using Google Office Suites, and Toast POS platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work variable shifts on both weekdays and weekends (24-40 hours/week)
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting, including all-weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, etc.)
- Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs
Compensation & Perks:
- Salary Range: $70,000 - $75,000 annually based on experience
- Healthcare Coverage
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com