Server (Summer 2024)
Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings. Come be part of our Collective Good!
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. As the only international hospitality company that is a certified B Corp, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience. We have a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors,
Collective Beliefs: A Life in Service to Others | The Power of Experiences | Happiness in Simplicity | Connection is Rare & Wonderful
Collective Qualities: Empathy | Courage | Honesty & Integrity | Humility & Optimism | Innovation & Continuous Improvement
As Server at our Tumbling River Ranch, you will join a team managing the overall guest experience from arrival to departure. This includes serving all guest meals and contributing to the overall F&B experience. We’re looking for a proactive, highly organized individual who understands the importance of making first impressions. You must be passionate about shaping and delivering our guests’ unique outdoor travel experience.
You are naturally proactive, with the ability to anticipate guest and team needs. You are a true multi-tasker, with the ability to handle time-sensitive deadlines, and numerous short-term and long-term tasks in a heavy customer-facing capacity.
- Support the team that manages all things that pertain to the overall guest experience
- Understanding, discussing, and educating guests on all menu items, allergies associated (if applicable) while also presenting in an approachable and elevated experience based on Collective Retreats Standards of Service
- Play a crucial role in ensuring the success of service and guest satisfaction
- Collaborates with other team members and completes pre-service and post-service duties, and is attentive during service to support additional guest request
- Successfully maintains a positive attitude, is detailed oriented, process driven, and flexible while making sure communication is maintained with Front of House and Back of House during service
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with coworkers and management, as well as complete all daily checklists
- Maintain communication and advise Management and Executive Chef on any allergies or potential red flags encountered throughout service to help mitigate any risk
- Adhere to health and safety policies, as well company policies, procedures, standards, and local, state and federal laws as applicable
- Complete all check out reports
- Support retreat programming and special events, as needed
- Assist the General Manager, and any Manager(s) as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years experience in hotel, hospitality or related guest-facing position
- 2+ years experience as a restaurant server or bartender
- Comfortable serving in a heavy customer-facing role for all types of clientele
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about providing stellar customer service and hospitality
- Highly organized and dependable, approachable, and empathetic
- Comfortable working in outdoor settings for extended periods of time
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects in hand
- Must be able to periodically make fast paced movements when required to go from one part of the property to others
- Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, crouch or climb as required
- Must be able to pull, carry or lift at least 20lbs
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for long periods of time
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly Range: $14.42 per hour (this is a non-tipped position)
- Housing & Daily Meals offered (small credit taken)
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.