Wrangler (Summer 2024)
Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings. Come be part of our Collective Good!
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. As the only international hospitality company that is a certified B Corp, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience. We have a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors,
Collective Beliefs: A Life in Service to Others | The Power of Experiences | Happiness in Simplicity | Connection is Rare & Wonderful
Collective Qualities: Empathy | Courage | Honesty & Integrity | Humility & Optimism | Innovation & Continuous Improvement
We are seeking a passionate and caring Wrangler to engage and create unique and memorable moments for our guests daily. You will assist in overseeing our equestrian program and ensure the safety of both guests and horses at all times. Wranglers will get to know the horses, their personalities, and specifics about each horse. Everything from brushing to giving meds, these horses become family to our Wanglers. Our team leads horse adventures each day along with giving riding lessons to riders of varying abilities. We are looking for individuals with an equestrian background, and the ability to give riding lessons. More than recreational riding skills are required. You must know how to correctly saddle horses. You need to know how to mount, walk, jog, and lope on both leads without any problem. Wranglers also need to have good groundwork-which means you can move on the around multiple horses, halter them, dally them and generally have confidence in and around our herd.
When not riding, our wranglers do general ranch work such as feeding, fencing, grounds upkeep, fixing tack, putting up hay and many other ranch chores.The ideal candidate is experienced in equestrian maintenance or has previously worked in Wrangler, or trail instructor in an outdoor setting. This person is also highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about animals and outdoor adventure.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to providing the best possible experience for both package guests and trail ride guests.
- Follow the equine SOP’s
- Catch, groom, feed, and saddle horses.
- Be in control of your ride and stay alert for any safety issues.
- Follow the process and procedure for horse incidents.
- Portray a good example of teamwork to the guests and other team members.
- Maintain a gentle, professional, and educational tone at all times when working with both animals and people.
- Maintain fence and corrals.
- Clean up residual hay and manure around the ranch.
- Operate a tractor to feed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and enforce the Ranch safety and operating rules.
- +2 years working in equestrian facilities at similar property
- Able to maintain attention and a high level of energy or excitement for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to spend the majority of the time outdoors and tolerate a variety of weather conditions.
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be a confident and experienced rider. Comfortable riding many different types of horses at varying levels of training and able to ride at all four gaits. Must be physically fit enough to mount and dismount the horse multiple times a day without the use of a mounting aid.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs of equipment, multiple times a day
- Must be available to work variable shifts on both weekdays and weekends
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting, including all-weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, etc.)
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly Range: $14 - $17 based on experience
- Housing & Daily Meals offered (small credit taken)
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.