Byteboard has redesigned the ineffective technical interviewing process to be more reflective of what engineers do on-the-job through a project-based approach. We help high-growth companies, like Lyft, Betterment, and Figma, scale their engineering teams through a more effective, efficient, and equitable interview that’s loved by candidates and hiring managers alike.
This opportunity at Byteboard includes an ever-growing market of new customers, a highly enthusiastic customer base, and the chance to help scale Byteboard to become the industry standard for technical interviewing. You’ll be joining a fantastic team at a magical time as we strive to change the industry for the better.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking to bring on an Account Executive to help shape sales at Byteboard. This is an incredible opportunity to pair closely with the founder to accelerate growth on a validated product, used by top engineering teams at Webflow, Figma, and Lyft, and bring it to more growing technical teams.
Our team values a fast-paced, act now culture, low ego culture. We’re looking for an experienced seller who can help Byteboard advance to the next level. We’re a customer-centric organization and sales here is all about creating an amazing experience and partnership for our customers from day one. Account Executives are a trusted consultant and expert on trends in hiring and interviewing for our buyers in the People Ops and Engineering world.
This role will report to our CEO, Sargun Kaur, and will be responsible for closing new business and expanding current customers.
What you’ll do at Byteboard
- Close new business: Source and close new business to consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Be a product expert: Demonstrate expertise in Byteboard products and our positioning in the industry. Understand how to solve your prospects' pain points with Byteboard’s offerings. Easily navigate technical conversations about our platform and integrations.
- Lead effective calls: Deliver an amazing first impression of Byteboard. Listen deeply and ask the right questions to discover a prospect’s business challenges and goals. Clearly define a buying process and excite prospects about our impact on their business.
- Independently manage complex, non-transactional deals: Sell to large groups of stakeholders across multiple personas, excel at multi-threading, design and drive unique sale processes tailored to customer needs, and creatively move deals forward.
- Stay organized: Keep Salesforce up to date weekly so that the company can forecast accurately and learn from your deals.
- Prospect: Hit your quarterly goal for self-prospected opportunities.
- Upsell: Partner with Customer Success on identified upsell opportunities and sell new products to existing customers.
- Care: You're a key member of the team. If you see something that can be improved (process, product, culture, whatever!), come with a solution or at least raise the problem.
We would love to hear from any interested candidates who meet the required qualifications below. If you do not meet some or all of the bonus qualifications but see yourself in this role, please reach out anyway! We’d love to hear from you.
- At least 4+ years experience in selling in enterprise organizations and holding a sales quota
- SaaS full-cycle closing experience across both complex, non-transactional deals and transactional opportunities on small teams in high-growth companies
- Proven success in exceeding sales quota and hunting new business
- Strong technical knowledge: experience with selling multiple products, platform integrations, and the ability to quickly learn a new tech ecosystem (in our case, HR and Eng)
- Ability to operate with little direction and a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship management skills
- Experience with Salesforce and sales automation software (Salesforce, Sales Navigator, Apollo, etc.)
- Ability to work on a high-performing and collaborative team, meaning comfort with feedback, ownership, good meeting hygiene, speaking up if something is unclear, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we’re an early-stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook. We want you to help build it.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passion for what we’re building here at Byteboard
- Available for collaborative work Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm PT (regardless of location)
- Are authorized to work in the US or Canada and located in the US or Canada
- Previous experience in selling to HR and/or Engineering leaders