Customer Success Manager
Byteboard has redesigned the ineffective technical interviewing process to be more reflective of what engineers do on-the-job through a project-based approach. We help high-growth companies, like Lyft, Betterment, and Figma, scale their engineering teams through a more effective, efficient, and equitable interview that’s loved by candidates and hiring managers alike.
This opportunity at Byteboard includes an ever-growing market of new customers, a highly enthusiastic customer base, and the chance to help scale Byteboard to become the industry standard for technical interviewing. You’ll be joining a fantastic team at a magical time as we strive to change the industry for the better.
Who We’re Looking For
As Customer Success Manager, you will work with Byteboard’s customers from initial onboarding to ongoing product adoption (and account expansion). Our Customer Success team assists customers throughout their journey; we seek to understand their goals and serve as trusted advisors to challenges they may face in hiring and people processes. You will work closely in partnership with our Go-to-Market and Product teams.
As Customer Success Manager at Byteboard, your primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers are successful in leveraging our products and hiring the best talent for their teams. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who thrives in customer-facing settings. They have an eye towards creating processes in a dynamic environment and are excited to maintain and improve exceptional relationships with current and future Byteboard customers as we grow. They are an effective multitasker who can maintain several simultaneous conversations while providing thoughtful attention. You will know you are successful in this role based on customer renewal and expansion, retention, and usage of Byteboard.
Byteboard is seeking a Customer Success Manager with at three years of experience in customer success roles; experience working with engineering and people products is a plus. If you are someone who is seeking to build positive relationships with customers, join a seed stage tech company, and excited about the opportunity to join an action-oriented team, then Byteboard could be the type of company you’ve been looking for.
What you’ll do at Byteboard
In the next 12 months, the Customer Success Manager will focus on:
- Relationship Management and Support
- Manage a portfolio of mid-market and enterprise customer accounts and advise customers in their journey to improve hiring and quality through adoption of Byteboard
- Understand customers’ challenges and industry trends and consult on how Byteboard can help achieve people goals
- Monitor and own customer health metrics including engagement, churn, and account health
- Conduct business reviews to recognize positive outcomes and discover opportunities for growth and expansion
- Own expansion and renewal conversations
- Constantly re-imagine the best possible version of all aspects of the Byteboard client experience and identify tangible steps towards it (onboarding, renewals, account reviews)
- Develop proficiency in collecting ongoing customer product feedback to establish an effective feedback loop for customer needs and our product development strategy
- Prepare frameworks and content that educates users on how to fully utilize the platform and derive value from Byteboard
- Develop an ongoing communications strategy to keep clients engaged and up-to-date on Byteboard
We would love to hear from any interested candidates who meet the required qualifications below. If you do not meet some or all of the bonus qualifications but see yourself in this role, please reach out anyway! We’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years experience working in Customer Success with a successful track record of leading expansion and adoption across mid-market to enterprise accounts
- 4+ years of professional experience in a customer-facing, relationship management focused role
- Relentlessly driven to maintain strong client relationships with a superpower of building connections; can move at a fast pace while maintaining attention to detail
- You have already seen a startup grow and learned what did and didn't work
- An ownership mindset - you will be expected to take ownership of your portfolio and make decisions to drive customer outcomes in addition to establishing procedure or best practices to ensure we best serve customers.
- Available for collaborative work Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm PT (regardless of location)
- Are authorized to work in the US or Canada and located in the US or Canada
- Excellent knowledge and experience in technical hiring and talent acquisition space (nice to have)
About the Team
We’re product-oriented, quite scrappy when necessary, and sometimes are way too extra when making decks (among other things).
- 🧐 Be Customer Obsessed - our customers drive our product and enable us to focus on delivering the most impact
- 💞 Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- 🙋🏾♀️ Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- 🍒 Add the Cherry On Top - go the extra mile in our work and how we show up as a team, peers, and to our customers
We are committed to building an equity-driven workplace with a team that is as intersectional as our users and investors. This means meeting with and hiring candidates who are underrepresented in tech, and we will not fill this position without first meeting with a representative group of candidates.