Director of Marketing
Care to heal your body and mind
It’s estimated that nearly 1 in 10 people will experience an eating disorder in their lifetime, affecting people of every identity and background — yet up to 90% will not get the care they deserve. Arise exists to change that, connecting people with inclusive, personalized support for disordered eating, eating disorders, and mental health.
With its person-centered approach to care, Arise aims to shatter the stereotype of what eating disorders “look like” and break down barriers and stigma to bring people care that works for them. Through virtual care pathways, community, and ongoing support, Arise brings people the right care, where and when they need it. Arise is built by and for people who have been there, too — together, we’re empowering effective support for long-term healing.
- Listen to lead. We’re not going to have all the answers. To effectively serve every person’s healing journey, we must start by humbly listening to and elevating all voices and experiences.
- All bodies have value. We’re here for people of any age, race, size, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and background, because everyone deserves to be understood, respected, and supported.
- We’re all human. Being human means that we celebrate our successes together and support each other through the low points. We give each other the space to rise and fall and rise again.
About the role:
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to lead our Growth strategy as we bring inclusive, person-centered eating disorder care to many more people who need it This role will be a critical part of the early team at Arise, working closely with the leadership team and reporting directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for leading all marketing strategy and channels to support the launch of new markets, new partnerships with payers, driving member growth, and building awareness of Arise among key audiences. This is a full-time, fully remote position.
- Strategic leadership: Work closely with the leadership team to provide strategic direction and build the marketing function. Own the marketing strategy for D2C and B2B channels, establishing the overall vision and plan and driving execution of all marketing activities to advance company goals. Provide clear direction and set measurable goals for the marketing team.
- Integrated marketing: Define a comprehensive, omnichannel marketing plan that will drive awareness and engagement with Arise and support our growth across markets and business lines. Own execution across local, in-market channels and digital marketing channels to drive key marketing goals. Establish budget with the leadership team and manage allocation across marketing activities.
- Growth & Product Marketing: Lead positioning, launch strategy, and messaging for Arise’s unique care model and new Product launches. Build and track measurable results against a cohesive Growth marketing plan that includes:
- Member acquisition: Own multichannel growth marketing activities at the local level and via digital channels to reach and engage new members in Arise care
- New market launches: Define and own new state launch strategy and marketing activities to build awareness and drive member growth, particularly among populations covered under our payer partnerships.
- Partnership growth: Work with the Head of BD & Health Plan Partnerships to support B2B growth initiatives, including creating materials to support payer sales, implementation support, and leading marketing joint marketing initiatives with payer partners.
- Brand marketing: Ensure that Arise’s mission and values are clearly communicated and upheld through all touchpoints with our Brand. Own marketing initiatives that bring our brand to life, drive awareness among key audiences, and redefine how eating disorders are seen and addressed on a broad scale.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work closely with other members of the Arise team to align and deliver on shared goals and ensure that all areas of the company are communicating our brand consistently. This includes partnering with Product, care teams (e.g. for content creation and brand representation), and BD & Payer Partnerships on shared initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years in integrated marketing, with particular specialization in growth marketing and ability to manage brand and product marketing.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership owning and driving end-to-end marketing functions and initiatives that have driven measurable results against company goals.
- A strategic leader + doer, excited about building in the early days of Arise while also thinking and planning ahead to how we quickly grow and scale.
- Proven track record of driving impact through growth marketing initiatives and establishing and measuring key performance indicators.
- Experience building 0-1, whether that was new Product launches at an established company or building from early days of a new company.
- Passionate about making eating disorder care more inclusive and accessible and scaling a tech-enabled product.
- Empathetic and collaborative approach to working within a team to achieve shared goals and focus on how we collectively deliver an exceptional member experience.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and manage a team and cross-functional relationships while upholding team mission and values
- Experience in world-class consumer and/or healthcare brands.
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum of two weeks off so you actually take time for yourself!
- Competitive health plans
- One Medical and Kindbody memberships
- 401(k) because we’re here to support you in investing in your future
- Mental health benefits
- Flex/fun days to give you more time to rest and recharge
The salary range for this role is $120,000-$160,000 per year.
The Arise team is located all over the country and this is a remote role. Travel for attendance at company and team offsites, marketing events and initiatives, and conferences may be required. We strongly encourage people who identify as BIPOC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and members of other historically underserved communities to apply!