Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
It’s estimated that nearly 1 in 10 people will experience an eating disorder in their lifetime, affecting people of every identity and background — yet up to 90% will not get the care they deserve. Arise exists to change that, connecting people with inclusive, personalized support for disordered eating, eating disorders, and mental health.
With its person-centered approach to care, Arise aims to shatter the stereotype of what eating disorders “look like” and break down barriers and stigma to bring people care that works for them. Through virtual care pathways, community, and ongoing support, Arise brings people the right care, where and when they need it. Arise is built by and for people who have been there, too — together, we’re empowering effective support for long-term healing.
- Listen to lead. We’re not going to have all the answers. To effectively serve every person’s healing journey, we must start by humbly listening to and elevating all voices and experiences.
- All bodies have value. We’re here for people of any age, race, size, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and background, because everyone deserves to be understood, respected, and supported.
- We’re all human. Being human means that we celebrate our successes together and support
We are seeking a Community Outreach & Engagement Coordinator to join our Marketing & Outreach team.
In this role, you will be working directly with Texas providers & members to raise awareness about eating disorders & disordered eating, particularly within historically overlooked communities. You'll lead the development of our referral pipelines by building relationships with clinical partners, hosting community events, and partnering with local organizations. We're looking for someone who is passionate about expanding access to person-centered care for eating disorders & will be champion for Arise in your local community to ensure that we're reaching providers and patients of all backgrounds.
Additionally, as a key and valuable member of the team, you will also collaborate across our product, marketing, and care teams to ensure that the team remains close to the heart of our communities and are connected to the local community resources. This role will be reporting directly to the Head of Strategy & Operations.
What that will look like day-to-day:
Enable quick and efficient access to Arise care
- Design & implement outreach strategy that deepens Arise's presence among providers, schools, community organizations, and other referral partners
- Build & nurture relationships with referring providers & organizations across priority markets in Texas through attending networking events, marketing presentations, and more
- Lead & represent Arise at local community events to engage patients by providing education on eating disorders, understanding barriers to treatment, and supporting their onboarding to Arise care
- Document all outreach activities and track effectiveness of outreach efforts (i.e., attendance, sign-ups, etc.) to drive key strategic decisions on outreach priorities
- Develop resource directory of local community organizations that can support the social determinants of health that may impact members' treatment journey with Arise & support our care team in connecting members to these resources
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 2 years of experience in community outreach
- Fluent in conversational Spanish
- Ability to travel locally in Texas (within ~2-3 hour driving distance) for meetings with potential referral partners & for community events (requires valid driver's license and reliable access to transportation)
- Strong project management & time management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office / Google Suite proficiency and experience with utilizing CRM systems
- Passion for working in an early stage startup environment
- Experience working with diverse communities, including across diverse identities including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background
- Empathy, humility, and alignment with our mission and core values
Nice to have
- Masters in Social Work
- Previous telehealth startup experience or community-based outreach experience
- Experience and passion for expanding access to healthcare for Medicaid populations
The Arise team is located all over the country and this is a remote role. Infrequent travel for attendance at company and team offsites and events may be required. We strongly encourage people who identify as BIPOC, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and members of other historically underserved communities to apply!