Therapist (Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, or LPC)
It’s estimated that nearly 1 in 10 people will experience an eating disorder in their lifetime, affecting people of every identity and background — yet up to 90% will not get the care they deserve. Arise exists to change that, connecting people with inclusive, personalized support for disordered eating, eating disorders, and mental health.
With its person-centered approach to care, Arise aims to shatter the stereotype of what eating disorders “look like” and break down barriers and stigma to bring people care that works for them. Through virtual care pathways, community, and ongoing support, Arise brings people the right care, where and when they need it. Founded by Amanda D’Ambra and Joan Zhang out of their own healing journeys from eating disorders, Arise is built by and for people who have been there, too — together, we’re empowering effective support for long-term healing.
- Listen to lead. We’re not going to have all the answers. To effectively serve every person’s healing journey, we must start by humbly listening to and elevating all voices and experiences.
- All bodies have value. We’re here for people of any age, race, size, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, and background, because everyone deserves to be understood, respected, and supported.
- We’re all human. Being human means that we celebrate our successes together and support each other through the low points. We give each other the space to rise and fall and rise again.
We’re hiring Therapists (Social Workers, Clinical Psychologists, Counselors, and LMFTs) to provide direct care to members on their healing journey from eating disorders and mental health conditions.
We are seeking therapists with expertise in treating individuals with eating disorders who are committed to providing culturally sensitive, compassionate, and person-centered care. The ideal therapist is passionate about serving individuals from diverse backgrounds and providing care based on the foundation of mutual trust, respect, and collaboration. This role will provide an opportunity to partner with a team of individuals who are dedicated to breaking down barriers in the eating disorder and mental health arena.
In this role, you will build a trusting relationship with members and will work with them to create a person-centered therapeutic treatment plan. As a key and valuable member of the team, you will collaborate with the care team, which includes care advocates, dietitians, psychiatrists and primary care providers. This role will be reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
What that will look like day-to-day
- Build rapport and a trusting relationship with members
- Provide detailed clinical assessments (initial and follow up assessments)
- Develop and implement person-centered therapeutic treatment plans
- Monitor, evaluate, and support members’ progression towards their identified goals
- Facilitate group therapy
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team planning sessions to ensure comprehensive patient care
- Participate in trainings and supervision meetings
- Document all patient-related care and encounters in the patient electronic record in a timely manner
What we’re looking for
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- License to practice in the state of New York, North Carolina or Texas
- 2+ years of experience working in the field of eating disorders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Experience working with electronic health records
- Experience working with diverse communities, including across diverse identities including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background
- Empathy, humility, and alignment with our mission and core values
Nice to have
- Interest in participating in speaking engagements and/or research
- Experience with a vast array of therapeutic treatment modalities
- Credentials with BCBS and other insurance networks
- Unlimited PTO - we want you to actually take time for yourself!
- Competitive health plans
- One Medical and Kindbody memberships
- 401(k) with a match, because we’re here to support you in investing in your future
- Mental health benefits
- Flex/fun days to give you more time to rest and recharge
The Arise team is located all over the country and this is a remote role. Infrequent travel for attendance at company and team offsites and events may be required. We strongly encourage people who identify as BIPOC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and members of other historically underserved communities to apply!